Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Off and Running!

I'm excited to tell you that The Voyage Church is off and running!

Our goals were met (75 or more) with 86 present for our first ever service! It's amazing what God can do if we will just believe. I can remember praying that prayer the day before-you know, the words that Thomas spoke, "Lord, help my unbelief." Even though I went out of my way to tell several people that we'd have the 75 or more, there were still doubts in the back of my mind that needed to be eased.

We have a lot of work to do, but I'm really jazzed by how God answers the prayers of his saints. I'm also wrestling with the possibility that maybe we don't ask enough of God. Perhaps praying for 75 wasn't enough of a challenge for God. As we continue pressing on, I'm praying that we hit the 100 mark sooner rather than later and that the momentum we've created can be sustained well into the future.