Friday, October 12, 2007

Anxious Moments

On the eve of the eve of our launch as The Voyage Church, the nerves are starting to get the best of me. There is so much to do and our time is growing rather short. We don't have everything in place and we most certainly don't have it all figured out. We'll be setting up on Saturday night (which should help relieve the tension some) but we'll also have another team of people doing outreach at a local community event. I'm bound to forget something or at least have the feeling that we could have done something more or better. This is when the perfectionist in me tends to speak the loudest.

However, today I'm also reminded of Paul's words (but my paraphrase) - Don't be anxious about stuff, but lift up this stuff to God and he will help you. Well, right now, I have a lot of stuff to lift up to God and maybe you do to. If life is getting the best of you, don't let it! Tell God what's bothering you and let him handle it. In fact, that's what I'm going to do right now.