Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Catch That Lion!

Courage is a crazy sort of thing. Sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't. I wish that I could say that as soon as one becomes a Christian, fear is immediately erased. Unfortunately, it isn't. In the words of Pastor Mark Batterson, sometimes I do feel like I could chase a lion into a pit on a snowy day while other days I feel like cowering in the corner somewhere because the pressures and decisions of this world get to be a bit too much.

Maybe you've had those same fears and maybe they have kept you from taking that leap of faith that you know God is calling you to take. Even though you can't see far enough ahead to know whether or not your leap will pan out, if it is God's will for you, you need to take it. Maybe it's a vocational decision. Maybe it's so big of a decision that it will completely turn your family inside out. Regardless, if God has called you to move in a different direction, don't hesitate too long lest you live a life of constant regret. I've seen that in my own family and it's painful to watch. I've even experienced it myself. Even though these HUGE decisions in life are scary, God will help you every step of the way. For he didn't give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, love, and self discipline. May His power be with you!