Tuesday, July 03, 2007

New Gadget



As I sat in line this past week waiting for my new iphone... (just kidding). No, I wasn't the fist pumping guy you saw on TV last Friday. And, no, I don't have an iphone as of yet. Although, to be quite honest, they do look pretty cool. Nevertheless, as I saw the countless hundreds and thousands of people on TV waiting for the latest gadget that technology has provided us, I was struck by the craziness of it all. I mean, standing in line overnight for something that you'll have to shell out over $500 bucks for... come on!

In all fairness, I'm not the stand in line kind of guy. The lines at amusement parks drive me crazy and I'm always in too much of a hurry to enjoy the line at any particular store. So, standing in line overnight for something makes absolutely no sense to me. I can think of a hundred (maybe a thousand) other things I'd rather be doing. Anyway, as I pondered this phenomena known as the iphonemania, I'm left wondering what sort of things I would stand in line for as a Christian? In other words, as a Christ follower, what is it that I'd be willing to camp out overnight for? The iphonemaniacs were pretty jazzed and excited about getting their new phone. What am I bursting at the seams for when it comes to being a Christian?